Abandoned Glastonbury dog: Dolly Parton says the lost dog's owners have been FOUND
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Dolly the abandoned Glastonbury dog is to be reunited with her owners as this star studded animal story gets a happy ending
Glassie come home: Dolly (l) and Dolly (r)
The owners of Dolly, a dog thought to have been abandoned at Glastonbury festival have been found.
The fluffy white pup was named after country legend Dolly Parton, who offered to adopt her if her owners couldn't be found.
Over the weekend, Parton revealed she'd been told the owners of Dolly, 15, had been found and were on their way to collect her from the Happy Landings shelter, who had been looking after her.
"We got a call that the true owners did come forward," she told reporters. "They had reported the dog missing but there was a language barrier. I think they were from another country. They got the dog back, everybody feels good about it. The Happy Landings shelter has a happy ending now."
She also revealed she'd come up with a new name for the cute canine, in case she had to take her home: "I was gonna rename her 'Glassie' because of Glastonbury… I was gonna say, 'Glassie come home,"
Parton's furry namesake was found during the massive clean-up operation following the Pilton festival, in one of the 5,000 discarded tents on site.
Parton, 68, sent a video message saying she was "very honoured and flattered" that the dog had been named after her.
She added: "I had my manager call the Happy Landings animal shelter to make sure the dog is being treated and cared for properly.
"At this time, nobody has claimed the dog and the dog is in great hands at the shelter. I will take the dog home to America if nobody claims her within a reasonable amount of time."
The remains of the female politicians, who died in a ghastly auto accident have been laid to rest at the Bayelsa State cemetery, Azikoro in Yenagoa, the state capital. President Goodluck Jonathan his wife, Dame Patience and the Bayelsa State Governor, Hon. Seriake Dickson as well as wives of the Anambra and Ekiti State Governors joined other sympathizers at a special memorial service in honour of the deceased women at the Dr. Gabriel Okara Cultural Centre, in Yenagoa.
Former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has lost one of his sons in a car crash. Hamza El-Rufai died Tuesday morning in Abuja. The former Minister and Chieftain of the All Progressive Congress, APC, broke the news on his faceboook page today. El-Rufai wrote: “From Allah, we came and to Him we shall return. Please join our family in praying for the repose of the soul of my son, Hamza El-Rufai who died in a motor accident in Abuja.” See more photo below:
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has said that he did not join the All Progressive Congress (APC) so as to run for the Presidency in 2015, but to nurture the party and ensure that good governance is entrenched in Nigeria come 2015. Atiku who spoke in an interview with the BBC Hausa service, monitored in Kaduna on Monday, maintained that if it were because of a presidential ambition, he had clear chances of occupying the number one seat when he was in office with former President Olusegun Obasanjo, or even recently when he was in the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN ). He said he let that go in the interest of the nation. Atiku vowed that he would never return to the PDP, saying that from all indications, the party would no longer be what it used to be.
Comments
Post a Comment