Why was this baby abandoned in a New York subway station?
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Police appealed for help after finding the 10-month-old girl left in a buggy on a platform in Manhattan yesterday
Desperate: A woman accused of abandoning the child said she is homeless and could no longer care for her
This is the heartbreaking picture of a baby abandoned in a New York subway station.
The 10-month-old girl was found in a buggy on a platform in Manhattan yesterday.
Police issued a picture of the baby and asked for help to identify her.
They said she was last seen with a woman in her 20s.
Today a woman was arrested in Central Park on suspicion of abandoning the child and told police she is homeless and felt she could no longer take care of the girl.
The woman was still being interviewed today and has not been charged.
Police said she pushed the baby's buggy onto a subway platform and then got back on a train.
The mother has told detectives in a preliminary interview that she is from North Carolina and came to New York last week.
She says the baby's father died recently.
NYPD spokesman Stephen Davis said the woman claims she thought she was leaving the baby in a "safe space".
The baby girl is said to be in a healthy condition.
The remains of the female politicians, who died in a ghastly auto accident have been laid to rest at the Bayelsa State cemetery, Azikoro in Yenagoa, the state capital. President Goodluck Jonathan his wife, Dame Patience and the Bayelsa State Governor, Hon. Seriake Dickson as well as wives of the Anambra and Ekiti State Governors joined other sympathizers at a special memorial service in honour of the deceased women at the Dr. Gabriel Okara Cultural Centre, in Yenagoa.
Former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has lost one of his sons in a car crash. Hamza El-Rufai died Tuesday morning in Abuja. The former Minister and Chieftain of the All Progressive Congress, APC, broke the news on his faceboook page today. El-Rufai wrote: “From Allah, we came and to Him we shall return. Please join our family in praying for the repose of the soul of my son, Hamza El-Rufai who died in a motor accident in Abuja.” See more photo below:
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has said that he did not join the All Progressive Congress (APC) so as to run for the Presidency in 2015, but to nurture the party and ensure that good governance is entrenched in Nigeria come 2015. Atiku who spoke in an interview with the BBC Hausa service, monitored in Kaduna on Monday, maintained that if it were because of a presidential ambition, he had clear chances of occupying the number one seat when he was in office with former President Olusegun Obasanjo, or even recently when he was in the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN ). He said he let that go in the interest of the nation. Atiku vowed that he would never return to the PDP, saying that from all indications, the party would no longer be what it used to be.
Comments
Post a Comment