US political pundit Ann Coulter sparks Twitter storm by appearing to mock the '#BringBackOurGirls' campaign
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Coulter posted a photo of herself seemingly sending up photos of stars who support the campaign to free 200 kidnapped Nigerian schoolgirls
US political pundit Ann Coulter has sparked outrage on Twitter after posting a photo of herself appearing to mock the #BringBackOurGirls campaign for the return of 200 kidnapped Nigerian schoolgirls.
Coulter, a conservative political commentator, posed holding a banner which read: '#Bring Back Our Country,' apparently sending up photos posted by a host of stars - including US First Lady Michelle Obama - holding a sign saying #Bring Back Our Girls.'
The campaign was launched to campaign for the release of schoolgirls kidnapped in Nigeria by the Islamist group Boko Haram on April 14.
Backing: Michelle Obama supports the #BringBackOurGirls campaign
Nigerian officials said 276 girls, aged from 12 to 15, were abducted from the school in Chibok, Borno. Some escaped, but around 200 are still missing.
Boko Haram slaughtered 300 civilians in the Borno town of Gamboru Ngala last week.
Obama has become the face of the #BringBackOurGirls campaign after posting the picture above and giving an address from the White House promoting the cause.
Coulter, who is famous for her outspoken conservative views, posted her photo, apparently in response to Obama and the other stars who support the campaign, saying 'My hashtag contribution to world affairs.'
If Coulter was trying to mock the #BringBackOurGirls campaign then her efforts appear to have backfired as countless Twitter users posted Photoshopped versions of her photo showing her holding banners with a wide range of bizarre and unlikely messages.
Among them was a banner saying 'Atheists rock my world' and another showing her holding a sign saying '#BringBackMySoul.'
The remains of the female politicians, who died in a ghastly auto accident have been laid to rest at the Bayelsa State cemetery, Azikoro in Yenagoa, the state capital. President Goodluck Jonathan his wife, Dame Patience and the Bayelsa State Governor, Hon. Seriake Dickson as well as wives of the Anambra and Ekiti State Governors joined other sympathizers at a special memorial service in honour of the deceased women at the Dr. Gabriel Okara Cultural Centre, in Yenagoa.
Former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has lost one of his sons in a car crash. Hamza El-Rufai died Tuesday morning in Abuja. The former Minister and Chieftain of the All Progressive Congress, APC, broke the news on his faceboook page today. El-Rufai wrote: “From Allah, we came and to Him we shall return. Please join our family in praying for the repose of the soul of my son, Hamza El-Rufai who died in a motor accident in Abuja.” See more photo below:
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has said that he did not join the All Progressive Congress (APC) so as to run for the Presidency in 2015, but to nurture the party and ensure that good governance is entrenched in Nigeria come 2015. Atiku who spoke in an interview with the BBC Hausa service, monitored in Kaduna on Monday, maintained that if it were because of a presidential ambition, he had clear chances of occupying the number one seat when he was in office with former President Olusegun Obasanjo, or even recently when he was in the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN ). He said he let that go in the interest of the nation. Atiku vowed that he would never return to the PDP, saying that from all indications, the party would no longer be what it used to be.
Comments
Post a Comment