'Simon Cowell is gay': Tulisa drugs trial hears secret recording 'outing' former boss
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
The former X-Factor judge is accused of setting up a drug deal with Sun on Sunday journalist Mazher Mahmood
The drugs trial of N-Dubz star Tulisa took a sensational turn today as jurors were played a secret recording where the former X factor judge's manager Gareth Varey told 'Fake Sheik' Mazher Mahmood that Simon Cowell was gay.
When Mr Mahmood asked Mr Varey off camera if Contostavlos’ fellow X Factor judge was gay, he replied: "Yes".
Mr Mahmood then asked:"‘Have you slept with him?", Mr Varey replied: "No".
Asked why he had not, Mr Varey said: "One day I will when I make my move". Mr Mahmood said: ‘Do you fancy him or not?’
Mr Varey answered: "No". Mr Mahmood then asked: "How do you know he’s gay?"
Mr Varey responded: "I know people who have".
Getty
Tulisa arriving at Southwark Crown Court in London - Gareth is in the background to the right
Earlier the court heard, an undercover reporter placed his hands on Tulisa's thighs in an attempt to make her feel comfortable about offering to arrange a cocaine deal for him, a court heard today.
The former X-Factor judge is accused of setting up the deal with Sun on Sunday journalist Mazher Mahmood and her ex-boyfriend Mike 'GLC' Coombs.
It is alleged that she boasted about knowing drug dealers when she met the reporter in Las Vegas last March and two months later at the Metropolitan Hotel in London on May 10.
As part of a sting Mr Mahmood told Tulisa that he was film producer 'Samir Khan' and could provide her with a big break in a Hollywood film alongside Leonardo Di Caprio. Jeremy Dein QC, defending, asked Mr Mahmood if he had deliberately tried to befriend her in an attempt to to make her feel comfortable around him.
FameFlynet
Simon Cowell arrives for X Factor Auditions earlier this month
He asked: "Did you on more than one occasion have your hand on Miss Contostavlos's thigh?" "Not at all," replied Mr Mahmood from behind the screen.
Mr Dein continued: "What is happening is that you were seeking to create a friendly atmosphere?" Again, Mr Mahmood responded: "Not at all." Tulisa's lawyer also suggested that when Mr Mahmood met with her on May 10, he had bought her drinks with double shots of alcohol in an attempt to get her drunk and cause her to incriminate herself.
The journalist denied this, saying it would have been a bad idea for the singer to get drunk as she believed she was trying to secure a film role. Jurors heard that after the meeting Mr Mahmood's driver, Mr Smith, took her home.
Tulisa and Gareth, pictured over Christmas
He was later asked to make a police statement about what conversations had taken place during the journey. Mr Dein asked the witness if he had spoken to the driver about his statement. He said: "I ask you whether the truth is that you put influence on Mr Smith to change a statement made for the police in which he had said Miss Contostavlos spoke against drugs in the vehicle?"
Mr Mahmood firmly replied: "No I did not." Mr Dein continued: "Mr Smith made a statement to the police saying that in the car Miss Contostavlos was talking about drugs and saying that a member of her family had a drug problem and she disapproved of drugs. "All I want to know is if you discussed that with Mr Smith at any stage?"
Cheryl Cole visited a Chinese takeaway with Simon Cowell
Having initially said he had discussed the matter with his driver, Mr Mahmood later said he had not, prompting repeated questions about which answer was true.
He eventually said that he had talked to the driver about his unhappiness at his June 24 police statement, but not about the details it contained.
Concluding this cross-examination, Mr Dein put it to the reporter that had not cared about what means he had deployed in getting the story and was only concerned that the subterfuge produced sensational headlines. He said: "In getting this world exclusive you couldn't care less about whether what you did was proper or improper."
Mr Mahmood replied: "Not at all. I have acted within the guidelines." Tulisa, who is being tried under her real name Tula, denies one count being concerned in the supply of class A drugs between May 10 and May 23 last year.
The remains of the female politicians, who died in a ghastly auto accident have been laid to rest at the Bayelsa State cemetery, Azikoro in Yenagoa, the state capital. President Goodluck Jonathan his wife, Dame Patience and the Bayelsa State Governor, Hon. Seriake Dickson as well as wives of the Anambra and Ekiti State Governors joined other sympathizers at a special memorial service in honour of the deceased women at the Dr. Gabriel Okara Cultural Centre, in Yenagoa.
Former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has lost one of his sons in a car crash. Hamza El-Rufai died Tuesday morning in Abuja. The former Minister and Chieftain of the All Progressive Congress, APC, broke the news on his faceboook page today. El-Rufai wrote: “From Allah, we came and to Him we shall return. Please join our family in praying for the repose of the soul of my son, Hamza El-Rufai who died in a motor accident in Abuja.” See more photo below:
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has said that he did not join the All Progressive Congress (APC) so as to run for the Presidency in 2015, but to nurture the party and ensure that good governance is entrenched in Nigeria come 2015. Atiku who spoke in an interview with the BBC Hausa service, monitored in Kaduna on Monday, maintained that if it were because of a presidential ambition, he had clear chances of occupying the number one seat when he was in office with former President Olusegun Obasanjo, or even recently when he was in the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN ). He said he let that go in the interest of the nation. Atiku vowed that he would never return to the PDP, saying that from all indications, the party would no longer be what it used to be.
Comments
Post a Comment