I Felt British When Murray Won Wimbledon ­— Mourinho


Jose Mourinho has revealed that he felt like he was British when Andy Murray won Wimbledon two years ago.

The Chelsea manager also described SW19 as “more than a Grand Slam’ due to its traditions and aura.

“The Wimbledon that I really felt was Andy Murray’s victory because it was very special for him,” said Mourinho as he was given a tour of SW19 as part of a new deal between Jaguar and the All England Lawn Tennis Club.

“Winning Wimbledon is the same for all the players, but for a British player to win Wimbledon after so many years I felt so much emotion. I am not British, but on that day I felt like I was.

“Wimbledon is more than a Grand Slam. You have great tournaments, great matches, but Wimbledon is Wimbledon. The tradition, the history around this tournament is magnificent.

“There are some iconic moments in your sports history, and in football to play at Wembley is a special moment. It is similar to Wimbledon. The aura is very difficult to explain – you come in and you just feel it.”

Murray beat Novak Djokovic 6-4, 7-5, 6-4 during the 2013 final to end Britain’s 77-year wait for a men’s champion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard