Who Wears Nigerian Idol Crown?


Where performance ends for some is where it begins for others. So, while viewers watch the final episode of the Etisalat-sponsored Nigerian Idols Season 5, and recount the high moments, the last two contestants, Dolu and K-Peace will begin a new life as promising stars of Nigerian music industry, with one of them as a winner.

The two contestants have expressed their high praise to the most innovative telecommunication company for offering a platform for them to showcase their talent. Expressing her joy, 25 -year old Dolu, whose real name is Modoluwamu Ogunmoyero said that, “For someone like me, because of Etisalat and Nigerian idol, I can finally do what I love and fulfill my dreams.”


Interestingly, the Top 2 contestants have become representatives of the two sexes, and their last performance is expected to be filled with much excitement. Many already see K-Peace as the one representing male folks, while Dolu is for the female species. Expectedly, the two talents, despite their expectations of winning, look forward to a favourable future in music. Dolu said, “I will keep pushing my music till the world accepts my kind of music. I am very sure of great success two years from now.” And she added that she also looks forward to winning, but either way, she would continue her dream. “After Idols, I intend to launch into music fully. In three to five years, I should have learned all I need and firmly planted myself in the music industry.”

K-Peace whose birth name is Ogunrombi Olakunle Koya, explained that it has been a rather rewarding journey so far and he does not intend to give up his dreams. He opined that, the reception from the audience and viewers have been immensely satisfying, bringing out the best in him, with the creation of a new genre of music which he has tagged, ‘Fuji &B (FNB). He added, “The acceptance from the studio audience and voting public has been massive and it has spurred me to create a new genre of music which I tag, Fuji&B (FNB). Considering the reception at the Nigerian Idols, it appears the world has accepted it, so I will keep at it.”

A graduate of Fine and Applied Arts from the Federal College of Education Akoka, Lagos, K-Peace stressed that the telco has been hugely relevant among Nigerian youths, and the music reality show is not different. “Etisalat has been able to empower youths through different good platforms to help them grow. Nigerian Idol is one of the platforms, and I love the show because it has empowered me.” He said.

The music reality show focuses on presenting talented young Nigerians in music a platform to showcase their stardom. Winners would get a recording deal, N7.5 million cash reward, a Galaxy Tab, a phone, an iPod and a brand new SUV car, while the second runner-up goes home with N1.5million, a Galaxy Tab, a phone and an iPod.

As a winner is set to emerge from the two contestants, they were both asked what they intend to do with the prize. Dolu expressed that she hopes to enhance her music career with the cash reward. “If I win, the prize money will go mostly to my music. That’s why I am here in the first place.” The audience-pleasing K-Peace, explained that he intends to improve his business with it and groom himself into a better musician also. He disclosed that, “Apart from music, I am also into musical equipment rental business. I have only a few equipment that I give out for events now. I look forward to investing my money into that, and also finish an uncompleted building with four mini flats and go into real estate family business.”

The two contestants expressed their love for the telco, with an ecstatic Dolu saying, “I love Etisalat! The telco is unique and consistent in its branding and style and it has the best network!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard