Obasanjo Expresses Delight At Honorary Award

former president Goodluck Jonathan said the reason Obasanjo’s third term bill failed was because of the strong resistance from the national assembly.


Former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has expressed delight at the award of Doctor of Science Education in Political Science given to him by Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED), Ijegun.

The former president described the award as an honour to all who worked with him in his entire life.

The University of Education will confer the award on the former president on Saturday, November 28 during the institution’s convocation ceremony.
Another honorary award will also be posthumously awarded to the late Chief Mrs Hannah Idowu Dideolu Awolowo who passed away in September.

Obasanjo sent a letter to the institution thanking them for the honour of awarding him a degree.

Part of the letter read: “I feel highly honoured by the kind sentiments expressed in your letter and the kind gesture, which I accept with pleasure.


“I want to thank the Senate and the University’s Governing Council for the honour done me.

“This award is not only to honour me, but, it is also an award for all the great men and women who have worked tirelessly with me in all the undertakings I have had in my life.”

Meanwhile, former president Goodluck Jonathan said the reason Obasanjo’s third term bill failed was because of the strong resistance from the national assembly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard