Abia Warriors explain Ezeugo's sack


Glo Premier League newcomers, Abia Warriors have said their technical adviser/head coach, Emeka Ezeugo was relieved of his appointment due to poor performance in the pre-season build-up matches.
The former Nigerian defender was issued with a termination of appointment letter on Thursday, February 20.
Supersport.com source said the side's management was not comfortable with the spate of poor results recorded by the team which necessitated the immediate move for a replacement in the person of former Bayelsa United handler, Ladan Bosso.
"Yes, Abia Warriors management has terminated the appointment of Emeka Ezeugo as technical adviser effective from Thursday, February 20 and he has been duly paid his severance package.
"Ezeugo was adjudged to have performed poorly in the pre-season friendlies and the wrong person to assist the side achieve their target in the upcoming season which culminated in the termination of his contract.
"Ezeugo was hired as technical adviser and never as chief coach and his appointment was terminated in that capacity.

"Immediately coach Ladan Bosso was brought in as technical adviser it was very clear to discerning minds that Ezeugo has lost his place in the team but we avoided making any public issue out of it even when it was reported that he'll take the position of chief coach," said the source to supersport.com.
However, Ezeugo who confirmed the termination of his appointment with the Umuahia-based side disagreed that the side have paid him his severance entitlement.
"Yes, I was issued with a termination of appointment letter on Monday, February 24, I've taken the letter as I've no intention to contest the matter with them.
"I'm available to any side that want my service, life must go on. I've decided to march on with my life.
"However, let me say quietly that Abia Warriors haven't paid me my severance entitlement.
"I've decided to remove myself from the discourse but allow my lawyer handle the matter with the side.
"I won't want the entitlement discourse to derail or distract my focus, I want to wish the side well in their endeavours," said the former Heartland coach to supersport.com.
Bosso has already resumed work at Abia Warriors preparatory for the 2013/14 Glo Premier League season.

Culled from SuperSport.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard