Canada 2014 FIFA U-20: Patience Okaeme Talks Positive Ahead of World Cup Opener With Mexico

Skipper Patience Okaeme with her Falcons teammates
Nigeria first met with Mexico  at the Germany 2010 World Cup, running away 1-0 victors.
Desire Oparanozie seperated the two sides at a quarter final game in the Japan 2012 edition.
They meet the third time on Wednesday in Moncton and thePeter Devevbo led side is looking so optimistic ahead of the tournament.
The skipper Patience Okaeme shared her expectations in an interview with FIFA.com “Our preparations for the tournament have been tough because we’re training twice a day.
“That’s what we were doing in Nigeria, and we’ve carried on here. I’m sure it’s going to help us when the competition starts.”
Nigeria has never missed out of the 7 editions of the FIFA U-20 World Cup,  record matched only by Germany and USA but the skipper has never been at any Women World Cup, however, she expresses enthusiasm towards the tournament

“We have never failed to qualify for the U-20 Women’s World Cup.
“I was part of Nigeria’s U-17 team, but I missed the world finals two years ago (in Azerbaijan) because of injury, so these will be my first.
“I’ve been waiting a long time for this moment to come. I think I’m going to have fun in Canada and I’m going to experience a lot of things here.''
Okaeme was selected as captain for the team in camp y the coach Peter Dedevbo, to oversee the leadership role, though not strange to her as she had been acting in that position, she added:
“I was very excited and nervous when they made me the skipper, though I’ve gradually been getting used to the situation.
“A good captain has to know how to motivate their team-mates when morale is low. They have to lead the way, be understanding and friendly with everyone and treat every member of the team the same.”
Nigeria play Mexico 1AM Nigerian time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard