Ebola: Nigerian Banned From Work For Visiting Nigeria



Sam Ogunnoiki, who works as a security guard at Stout Security Ltd headquartered in Cornwall, UK, has been told not to go to work over fears he may have Ebola after visiting Nigeria despite Nigeria being declared Ebola-free by WHO.

Sam who is on a zero-hours contract worries that he won;t get paid. He was told by bosses at Stout Security Ltd that he needs to get the all-clear from a British doctor before he can go back to work.

The letter said: ‘Several members of staff have now voiced their concerns about the possibility of your carrying the Ebola’.

Sam says ‘Nigeria does not have Ebola but he said I have to be cleared. There is this stigma surrounding me now – it’s just ignorance and a nightmare because I cannot work.

‘I’m a British citizen. There is no justification for this at all.’

The boss who sent the letter, Mr Mannell, later defended his position saying:


‘I did send Sam a letter saying anyone returning from any African countries for safety reasons cannot work for three weeks afterwards. I know Nigeria is Ebola-free but I don’t know where he’s travelled. My problem is that Pendennis [shipyard], which I have a contract with, sent me an email saying they cannot have anyone working there that’s been in contact with Sam.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard