I'm A Celebrity's Melanie Sykes: I'm looking for a new man but NOT in the jungle

The TV presenter and mum-of-two says she has 'no interest in starting a ­relationship in front of millions of people with my sons watching'

ITV / Ultimo
On the market: But Melanie Sykes isn't interested in jungle love

Melanie Sykes says she is back in the market for a new man – but won’t find him in the jungle on I’m A Celebrity.

The TV host and model, who split from toyboy husband Jack Cockings, 27, a year ago amid reports of a violent bust-up, said she was worried about embarrassing her children.

Mel, 44, explained: “I am ready to move but I’ve got no interest in starting a ­relationship in front of millions of people with my sons watching.

“It would just be a little bit weird. So, no, I doubt that’s going to happen.”

Mel also ruled out walking around in a bikini on the ITV show – despite regularly appearing on billboards as an underwear model and recently posing in steamy shots for a calendar.

She explained: “It’s a calendar shoot, so it was just me, a photographer, a make-up and hair person. There wasn’t loads of people watching, so of course, I wasn’t self-conscious.


ITV
Mum's the word: Melanie doesn't want to do anything to embarrass her sons

“But I’m not going to be walking around camp in a bikini because millions of people are going to be watching. Obviously I’m going to have a wash.

“I couldn’t give a monkeys about the shower. Unless there’s some massive dude, who can block people while I wash, you’ll definitely see me.”


But Mel was close to tears as she told how much she would miss her sons Roman, 12, and Valentino, 10, while she was in camp.

She said: “The kids are at school, and you’re only allowed one person to come out, and it’s an awfully long way, and with Valentino and his autism, I don’t think he’d handle that length of flight.



“So I’m just going to have that reunion in private and wait for it – hard as it will be. I miss them already, it is horrendous.”

Despite that, Mel said she was looking forward to the show, which starts on Sunday, on ITV1.

She added: “It’s mostly for the challenge, and I just feel like I’m probably not going to be active forever. I have to do it now, before I’m 45.

“There’s no master plan. It’s a job, I’m getting paid to do it, it’s a perfect year for me to do it and that’s it. Let’s do it, bam, that’s it.”
But look out for the leeches in the shower, Mel...

I’m a Celebrity bosses fear for their bikini shot waterfall showers – after an invasion of leeches.

Insiders say an explosion in the population of the blood-suckers could put contestants off.

Joe Swash, presenter of ITV2’s ...Get Me out of Here Now! said there were “leeches everywhere”.

Co-host Laura Whitmore said the shower scenes were less glamorous than they looked.

“Myleene in her white bikini made it look amazing, like being in Hawaii. But it’s freezing and muddy,” she said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard