Defender Demichelis Signs New Man City Contract

Martin Demichelis has signed a one-year contract extension at Manchester City, the Premier League champions have announced.



The Argentine’s previous contract was due to end at the end of the current season but will now remain at the Etihad Stadium until the end of the 2015-16 campaign.

“I want to say that I am really proud and happy to have extended my contract for another year. Manchester City is a club with a lot of ambition. We want to grow every year,” he told the club’s official website.
Martin Demichelis Extends His Man City Deal Until the End of 2015-16 Season. Image: Getty.“When you get to hold a trophy, it’s the best feeling for any player. I want to say that I will fight for this club and for my team-mates until the end of my contract. I will fight to try and win titles.”

Demichelis worked with manager Manuel Pellegrini at River Plate and Malaga before reuniting with the Chilean boss in Manchester, following an unrewarding stint at Atletico Madrid.

He scored 13 goals in 174 appearances for Bundesliga side Bayern Munich between 2003 and 2011.

Following a rocky start with City, the centre-back has gone on to impress manager Pellegrini and now figures regularly in the manager’s defensive plans. The 34-year-old has made 30 appearances this season.

“We are happy here – my wife and son are happy here,” he said. “We are trying to improve our English and I think that’s a good thing for our future. At this stage I am enjoying playing week to week – you can never say what can happen in the future.”

City are upbeat on agreeing a new contract terms with England international James Milner, who is also out of contract at the end of the season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard