Madonna slams attitudes to women: “You’re still either a virgin or a w***e”

Madonna gets kinky in S&M-themed shoot while slamming attitudes to women: “You’re still either a virgin or a whore”


The outspoken star feels “gay rights are way more advanced than women’s rights”

Madonna believes that “gay rights are way more advanced than women’s rights” as women are often divided into two categories – “a virgin or a whore”.

The Living for Love star got all Fifty Shades of Grey in a saucy S&M-themed shoot for Out magazine, where she opened up about wishing she was gay and realising that her brother Christopher was gay.

Madonna, who is not afraid to shock – even tweeting controversial images of Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela earlier this year – believes she can relate to Joan of Arc.

“I can relate,” she said. “Sometimes I’m getting burned at the stake metaphorically.”


Mert & Marcus/OUT
Madonna for OUT

But while Madonna counts herself as a huge gay rights supporter, the 56-year-old does feel that rights for gay people is far better than it is for women.

"Gay rights are way more advanced than women’s rights. People are a lot more open-minded to the gay community than they are to women, period,” she said.

“It’s moved along for the gay community, for the African-American community, but women are still just trading on their ass. To me, the last great frontier is women…. Women are still the most marginalized group. You’re still categorized—you’re still either a virgin or a whore. If you’re a certain age, you’re not allowed to express your sexuality, be single, or date younger men.”


Mert & Marcus/OUT
Madonna for OUT

She also touched on her youngest brother, Christopher Ciccone, who was gay and how she discovered his sexuality.

“It wasn’t something I could articulate; it was just something instinctual that I noticed,” she explained.

“My brother always had a lot of girls around him that seemed like they were madly in love with him, but he didn’t seem like he was madly in love with them. And then I saw him interacting with my ballet teacher [who was gay], and in my mind I unconsciously went, Oh, I get it. I didn't ask my brother if he was gay.”

She continued: “I didn’t even know there was a phrase ‘gay.’ I just understood that they were different. There was some silent, unspoken understanding that they had a connection.”


Mert & Marcus/OUT
Madonna for OUT

The star, who has been married to director Guy Ritchie and Hollywood hunk Sean Penn, admits there was a time when she wished she was gay.

“I didn’t feel like straight men understood me. They just wanted to have sex with me. Gay men understood me, and I felt comfortable around them,” she explained.

“There was only that one problem, which is that they didn’t want to have sex with me! So…conundrum! I was like, ‘How am I ever going to get a date? Maybe if I cut my hair and I lose a lot of weight, someone will mistake me for a guy and ask me out.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard