Ricky Martin blasts Dolce and Gabbana: ‘Your voices are too powerful to be spreading so much hate’

The father of two has asked the designers to “wake up”


GettyRicky Martin joins Elton John to boycott Dolce and Gabbana

Ricky Martin has been left saddened and shocked by fashion designers Dolce and Gabbana, who appeared to slam same-sex parenting in a recent interview.

The She Bangs hitmaker tweeted a link to a news story about the designers’ interview in Panorama magazine.

“ur voices R 2powerfull 2B spreading so much h8 http://bit.ly/1CiY63B Wake up,Its 2015 Luv urselves guys”.
Getty
Ricky Martin is upset with D&G

Ricky, 43, became a father via gestational surrogacy in August 2008 to Matteo and Valentino and he explained that he would love more children.

“If you ask me if I want to be the father of a little girl, [I’ll say] not one, four!’,” he told Univision MIX 98.3 last year.

“I’m just getting started with this fatherhood thing and I’m going for more, I come from a big family and I like noise and chaos in my house.”


Since the interview was reported and the severe backlash - Steffano Gabbana has posted a comment on Instagram in Italian, which translates to: "We have not talked about in the interview adoptions NEVER !!!! You drank ????"

Earlier today, Your Song hitmaker Elton who has sons Zachary, four, and Elijah, two, with husband David Furnish, blasted the designers.


Getty
Babies took centre stage at the Dolce & Gabbana show during the Milan Fashion Week A/W 2015

Sir Elton wrote a scathing post, ranting at the designers: "How dare you refer to my beautiful children as "synthetic".

"And shame on you for wagging your judgemental little fingers at IVF - a miracle that has allowed legions of loving people, both straight and gay, to fulfil their dream of having children.

"Your archaic thinking is out of step with the times, just like your fashions. I shall never wear Dolce and Gabbana ever again. #BoycottDolceGabbana."


Splash

Fans have backed the star and one posted underneath the comment: "Sir Elton! You are a true inspiration to me and millions of people! As a father of 4 i know what the fantastic feeling of a child means.

"You are the best patents for your children. DG are not even worth commenting! They have probably not experienced that special love from a child to a parent and vice versa. Keep up your great work. (sic)"

The fashion icons, who founded the Dolce & Gabbana label, were a couple for 23 years, before they split in 2005. They continue to work together and are close friends.

Elton, 67, married his long-term partner David, 52, in December in front of celebrity pals including the Beckham clan, Liz Hurley and David Walliams.

Sir Elton John's celebrity fans have backed him after he vowed to boycott fashion label Dolce & Gabbana over a same-sex families row.

The superstar posted a photograph of Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana on Instagram and branded them "judgemental" and "archaic" after they were interviewed in Italy's Panorama magazine and announced they appose gay adoptions, claiming: "The only family is the traditional one."

Celebrities and the Your Song hitmaker's fans have supported him on social media sites after he posted the comment on Instagram, while Gabbana has responded calling him a "fascist" and asking fans to "#boycotteltonjohn".

Former Czech-American tennis star Martina Navratilova, who married her gay partner in December, tweeted in support of the singer: "Wow - I had no idea. It will be interesting to see if this ridiculousness hurts them in the bank. #BoycottDolceGabbana''

Courtney Love also shared a snap of her designer clothing and wrote: "I just round up all my Dolce & Gabbana items and want to burn them. I'm just beyond words and emotions. Boycott senseless bigotry! #boycottD&G."


Getty Images

Perez Hilton, whose son was born by a surrogate mother, posted on Twitter: "Because I choose to spend my money wisely & not support self-hating gays who view my son as "synthetic"! #BoycottDolceGabbana @dolcegabbana."

He then added: "@dolcegabbana Please unfollow me. #BoycottDolceGabbana."

In the interview, the designers said: "No chemical offsprings and rented uterus: life has a natural flow, there are things that should not be changed."

Dolce said that creating children "must be an act of love", adding: "You are born to a mother and a father – or at least that's how it should be.

"I call children of chemistry, synthetic children. Uteri [for] rent, semen chosen from a catalog."


Gabbana then said: "The family is not a fad. In it there is a supernatural sense of belonging."

The designer first spoke of his views in 2006, stating: "I am opposed to the idea of a child growing up with two gay parents. A child needs a mother and a father. I could not imagine my childhood without my mother. I also believe that it is cruel to take a baby away from its mother."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard