Arsenal sign Petr Cech from Chelsea



Former Chelsea first choice goal keeper Petr Cech has completed his long awaited move to North London to join Premier League giants Arsenal.

The Gunners on Monday through their official website confirmed the capture of the vastly experienced 33-year-old goalkeeper who made over 400 appearances during his 11 years at Stamford Bridge, winning multiple club and personal honours.

Expectedly, Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger is happy with his first major signing in the summer transfer window and he described his latest acquisition as priceless.

“Petr Cech is a player that I have admired for a long time and I am very pleased that he has decided to join us. He has proven over many seasons that he is one of the outstanding keepers in the world and he will add great strength to our squad,” the French Coach stated.

On his part, new signing Cech said: “I’m really excited about joining Arsenal Football Club and can’t wait to join up for pre-season. I have the same commitment to football, the same motivation and the same hunger for success as I had at the beginning of my career, and I love the challenges brought by the top quality players you face while playing in the Premier League. When Arsène Wenger spoke to me about his ambitions for this club, and how he saw me as part of this team, the decision was clear.”

Already, Cech has completed his medical and will join up with his new teammates shortly to begin preparations for the 2015/16 season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard