Khloé Kardashian on Why She Lives with Rob: 'I Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way'


Rob Kardashian and Khloé Kardashian
DIMITRIOS KAMBOURIS/GETTY

Not only does Khloé Kardashiannot mind sharing a roof with her younger brother Rob, she feels that their current set-up is ideal for her at this point in her life.

In her recent interview withComplex magazine, Kardashian, 31, talked candidly about her split from husband Lamar Odom. Now, Complex has posted the uncut text of Kardashian's interview. In it, she discusses Odom at greater length, but also goes into the solid relationship she shares with Rob.

"Rob lives with me now and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love having him with me," Kardashian told the magazine.

Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick Have Ended Their Nine-Year Relationship

Kardashian explains that Rob lived with her and Odom throughout their marriage, only moving out toward the end. When she and Odom split, she moved in with Rob, and then they moved together into her new house.

"I have a big ass house and I wanted it so he could feel, like, comfortable," Kardashian said. "He's going through a hard time now, and it's behind gates. With this crazy lifestyle you have to think of places where you can still have your freedom."

She also mentioned that she wouldn't want him to move out, though he is sometimes tempted to do so.

"He's a man and 28, and I'm sure it doesn't sound good to say, 'Oh I live with my sister,' but it's not because he has to," Kardashian explained. "I'm like, 'Put this into perspective: Your friends live at home with their parents because they can't do anything else. Your sister’s literally holding you captive and actively making you. So if that makes you feel better, say that all you want.' "

As Kardashian put it, her feelings toward her little brother verge on maternal.

"I just bought him a rug for his bedroom, and he was so cute. He'll text me and tell me how much he likes it, and he notices things," she said. "So, I like it. I call him my son as a joke."

In the uncut interview, Kardashian also explained her feelings about the house she shared with Odom being purchased by her friend, actress Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting, who bought it furniture and all.

"She's still a newlywed and wanting to start a family, and I love that," Kardashian said of Cuoco-Sweeting. "I know it's going to be a good home, as silly as that sounds. I think if it was some stranger and they wanted my s---, it’d be creepy, but because I know her and she's literally the sweetest person and she's so in love and so happy that I was like, 'Take it, I want you to have it.' "

Kardashian said that her mother, Kris Jenner, advised her that she should part ways with all the memories of her life with Odom.

"Lamar I had a ton of anxiety closing that chapter. It happened so quickly," she said. "My mom and everyone was like, 'You don't want anything, you don't want this stuff, it's material. Let it go and start over.' ... For me, I needed a minute like, 'Can I get rid of this? Do I want to give you this glass?' "

Kardashian also discussed how she and her family members manage to hide drama, such as her marital problems with Odom, from the media even when cameras are filming Keeping Up with the Kardashians for months on end.

"I'm a big believer of you don't air your dirty laundry – marriage and relationships are supposed to be between two people. I don't want to focus in on fights or this or that," she said.

In the end, Kardashian said she remains hopeful that she will find happiness in a new relationship even though she holds Odom in the highest esteem.

"I wanted it all. And I will get it all one day," she said. "I don't think this is me being biased. Everyone said to me, 'I felt your love or I saw it from TV.' I think our connection and how much we loved and did respect [each other] even how we talk to each other now, there's so much love and care there that it would be really a weird thing if I was like, 'Nah, I don't miss it. I'm good with that.' "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard