Nadal: ‘My best Wimbledon days may be over’



Rafael Nadal says he may not be able to rekindle his former Wimbledon glories after a shock second-round defeat by German qualifier Dustin Brown.

The 14-time Grand Slam winner, now the world number 10, lost 7-5 3-6 6-4 6-4 as his miserable run at SW19 continued.

The Spaniard, 29, has been beaten by players ranked outside the top 100 in each of his last four appearances.

“I don’t know if I will be back to the level of 2008 or 2010,” said the two-time men’s champion.

“My motivation is try to be back to that level. But I’ve got to keep working.

“If I don’t make that happen then I’ve played five finals and taken the trophy back home two times, so that’s not bad.”

Nadal is currently at his lowest ranking in almost a decade and was beaten in the quarter-finals at both the Australian Open and French Open this year, reports the BBC.

However, he warmed up for Wimbledon by winning the fourth grass-court title of his career in Germany in June.

“It’s not the end. It is a sad moment for me but life continues. My career, too,” he added.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard