David Moyes keen for another opportunity to manage in Europe


David Moyes would be open to managing another club in continental Europe, despite his first experience ending with his sacking from Real Sociedad.

The former Everton manager, 52, was dismissed earlier this month a day short of his one-year anniversary at the Spanish La Liga club.

Asked about coaching in other leagues, he told BBC Radio 5 live: "I'm open minded and Spain whetted my appetite.

"If the right opportunities came up in the major leagues I'd be interested."

When Moyes left Sociedad, the club were 16th and only above the relegation zone on goal difference. Of the 42 games he coached, he won 12 and lost 15.

Despite a disappointing end to his tenure, Moyes said he enjoyed his experience in La Liga, which he believes has superior teams than those in the Premier League.

"I think the experience will help me," added the ex-Preston boss.

"I gained great knowledge from my time there. It was great to experience what I did and I hope that will make me better.

"It's very difficult to compare the two leagues. The best teams are in Spain and many of the best players are in Spain."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard