Madonna reveals Lourdes' prom photo on Instagram



First we had the mind-bending news that Madonna's daughter Lourdes is about to graduate from high school (seriously, we feel old now).

And now, Madge has shared a photo of Lourdes at a pre-prom party thrown at Madonna's house.
Madonna reveals Lourdes' prom photo on Instagram


Showing the teen posing in a cute polka-dot dress (yep, it's 100% chicer than the pink taffeta creation we wore to our OWN prom), Lourdes, or Lola as she's known to her mates, was pictured with all her girlfriends, who all looked pretty sophisticated too. Seriously, do teenagers not make huge fashion faux pas any more?!

Madonna classily captioned the photo "Pre prom turn up! #yaaaaaassssssbitch." Don't think our Mums had quite the same reaction when we awkwardly posed in front of a limo.

Of course, even though Lola looked lovely at her prom, she had some pretty "unfortunate" outfits in high school, according to the blog post she penned for her graduation:

"Oh how I wish I could go back in time and urge my 14 year old self NOT to wear black rhinestone studded t-shirts with bloody skulls on them, purchased from really "hip" stores (wtf is hip anyways)" she said.

"I still don't think that I have a defined style, maybe because I don't want to limit myself to what I should wear. Makes me happy knowing that I went to an arts school where any kind of style could fly: It gave me the confidence and the yolo spirit I needed to successfully look like a clown (it's fine)."

So what does "yolo spirit" entail? "Crop tops, Adidas sandals, fun bucket hats, and just walking around with no pants on and it being ok". But obviously she didn't decide to wear any of that to prom.

Madonna's daughter Lourdes is about to graduate from high school (yup, she's that old already) and in the name of nostalgia, she's written a blog reflecting on the "unfortunate outfits" from her school career.

She explains: "Looking back on the past four years of high school means looking back on unfortunate outfits I wore confidently to school (good for me).
Madonna reveals Lourdes' prom photo on Instagram
Splash News


"Oh how I wish I could go back in time and urge my 14 year old self NOT to wear black rhinestone studded t-shirts with bloody skulls on them, purchased from really "hip" stores (wtf is hip anyways)."

We've all been there Lourdes (remember thinking those Spice Girl platforms, or a matching skirt over trousers combo were the height of style?)

And we could all learn something from mini-Madge's attitude to her fashion fails: "I like to reassure myself though, that I had to go through that awkward time of "trying stuff out" to figure out what I liked wearing best.

"I still don't think that I have a defined style, maybe because I don't want to limit myself to what I should wear. Makes me happy knowing that I went to an arts school where any kind of style could fly: It gave me the confidence and the yolo spirit I needed to successfully look like a clown (it's fine)."

As for her future fashion - the Material Girl designer says that this summer she'll be rocking: "crop tops, Adidas sandals, fun bucket hats, and just walking around with no pants on and it being ok."

o trousers, eh? That really does take some 'yolo spirit'.

Signing off with a pretty cool playlist boasting artist inlcuding BANKS and Little Dragon, Lourdes suggests: "I hope that all of you reading are able to find the chilling time to kick back and blast some sound - and if you don't, then maybe u should make the time because… who doesn't want to do that?"

Like mother, like daughter, eh?

SOURCE: Material Girl Blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard