Angelina Jolie plans to quit acting for directing


She has hinted before, but Angelina Jolie has confirmed she is retiring from acting to concentrate on writing and directing.

Getty Images

The Hollywood star, who is married to Brad Pitt, has said she did not enjoy being the centre of attention and wants to move permanently behind the camera.

"I've never been comfortable as an actor; I've never loved being in front of the camera," Angelina told Du Jour magazine.

"I didn't ever think I could direct, but I hope I'm able to have a career at it because I'm much happier."

Angelina is currently on the promotional circuit for her new movie, Unbroken, starring Jack O'Connell. The movie tells the story about the Olympic runner and US airman Louis Zamperini, who spent 47 days living on a raft after a plane crash and survived two years as a Japanese prisoner of war.


The 39-year-old actress made her directorial debut in 2007 with the documentaryA Place in Time, followed up by In the Land of Blood and Honey in 2011.

She recently signed up to direct Africa, a biopic of Kenyan politician and conservationist Richard Leakey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard