Okocha influenced my career, says Iwobi



Arsenal midfielder, Alex Iwobi, has stated that former Super Eagles captain, Austin Okocha, played a significant role in his football career as he strives to be a better player. The 18-year-old, who is awaiting FIFA’s clearance in order to make his debut for Nigeria after recently pledging his allegiance to the country, is hoping to follow in the footsteps of the ex-Bolton Wanderers icon.
The former England youth international shone in the 4 – 1 win over Stoke City a week ago by netting his first – ever hat-trick for Arsenal’s Under 21 squad. “He’s a brilliant player, a legend for Nigeria and a legend in the Premier League,” Iwobi told arsenal.com.

“He’s influenced me because he’s taught me a lot of things, he’s been through a lot of things in his career. “He’s told me what to do, how I should do things, and has been a big inspiration to me.” The teenager added: “It would be nice to be like a young Jay-Jay as he was very skilful and an attractive football player. “I would like to base my game around him but I’d also like to have that unique game. “He says, ‘don’t be shy to express yourself, always be yourself. Listen to your coaches but try to be yourself at the same time’.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard