Enyeama Denies Any Formal Request to Attend NFF Disciplinary Hearing

Nigeria goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama says he was not officially contacted to attend a meeting with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Disciplinary Committee.

Enyeama, who was absent at a disciplinary hearing in Abuja on Tuesday, has explained to the BBC Sport that he “only found out about a disciplinary hearing in the media but I didn’t get any letter to that effect.”

Enyeama had raised concerns about security in Kaduna and the suitability of the Ahmadu Bello Stadium pitch for this month’s 2017 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) qualifier against Chad.

The NFF feels the 32-year-old, who according to local reports tore up a query letter, contravened its code of conduct.

“I respect my country and those in charge of our football, which is why I find the whole thing strange,” Enyeama said.



Vincent Enyeama Says He Received No Letter to Attend NFF Hearing. Image: Getty.“As the captain I only raised our concerns about the venue before our game which didn’t go down well with the football authority.



“I was told to apologise for my comment, which I did immediately and they told me that’s fine.”

He denied he failed to reply to a message from the NFF seeking explanation for his comments.

“I only received a letter to cautioning me about it (my comments) and to avoid a repeat of such,” he explained.

Enyeama is Nigeria’s most-caped international with 101 appearances for the three-time African champions. He could face a lengthy ban for his comment as well as his failure to attend Tuesday’s disciplinary hearing.

The NFF Executive Committee has yet to make a final decision on the matter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard