Mom accused of killing kids, putting them in freezer pleads guilty

An American mother has pleaded guilty to killing her two children and dumping their bodies in a freezer.Mitchelle Blair says she killed her kids (Huggington Post)

A Detroit woman, Mitchelle Blair, who was accused of killing two of her children and storing their bodies in a freezer at her home, has pleaded guilty to the crime after she was arraigned on a three-count charge of first-degree murder, torture and child abuse.

Before Blair was put on trial, the court had declared her mentally competent and said she would accept a death penalty if the state of Michigan decide to hand her the death sentence.
36-year-old Blair told the 36th District Court justice, Judge Kenneth King, she doesn't need more time to think about a defense.

"I'm already saying I did it. ... I'm not changing my mind. I'm not changing anything.

If Michigan had the death penalty, I would take that. I don't care."

She also waived her right to a hearing to determine whether there's enough evidence to send the case to trial in Wayne County Circuit Court.

The bodies of her 13-year-old daughter and 9-year-old son were discovered in a home freezer during an eviction in March, 2015, and a test determined that the children died months apart in 2012 and 2013.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard