Nicki Minaj May Have Used Her BET Acceptance Speech to Throw Shade at Iggy Azalea

iggy-azalea-nicki-minaj-bet-awards
Nicki Minaj may have taken home her fifth trophy for Best Female Hip Hop Artist at the BET Awards last night, but that doesn't mean she's not feeling a little bitter about her current competition...
"This is always very, very emotional for me," Minaj began. "Because this is my fifth year winning this award and I don't take it for granted. I really don't. I thank god that I've been placed in a position to do something and represent women in a culture that is so male-driven. And I want you to know this: I want you to know that I have an album, The Pink Print, that's coming out before the year ends. That's not a plug, but it's a plug! But my point is, what I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is, that when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it.
The 31-year-old took then took a moment to strike a diva posebefore clarifying the she wasn't throwing shade toward anyone, tough it seemed like a clear dig at Iggy--who is widely rumored to have used ghostwriters on her album.

"No, no, no shade," Minaj continued. "I used to sit in the studio with [Lil Wayne] and I would literally take sometimes three, four days to write a verse. And he was like, 'No, you can't be taking days to write no verse, you gotta write your verse right here in the studio.' And that's why I love him 'til this day. Because he pushed me to push my pen, and I'm still one of the only emcees that's out here spitting metaphors and making you think. And I really don't even care if I get my credit or if I don't. I don't look at myself as a female rapper, because I know what I do."
After dropping another big shocker that she thought she was "about to die" a few days ago, she concluded her speech with one last shot at Azalea: "I don't care what anyone gotta say.  I'ma do me.  I'ma do me.  And I hope and pray that BET continues to honor auth-en-ti-ci-ty.  And that's all I'm gonna say about that."
You can watch her full speech in the video below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard