Top surfer who survives shark attack after kicking it in the head

Twenty-year-old Ozzie Ryan Hunt said he 'got off lucky' after the terrifying incident





A surfer survived a shark attack after kicking it in the head as he rode a wave.

Ozzie Ryan Hunt, 20, was attacked by a shark while surfing at Wallabi Point in New South Wales.

The beast went for his foot repeatedly during the terrifying incident at around 5.30pm, biting through the board.

Ryan says he 'got off lucky' and although suffering awful scars to his foot plans to be riding the waves again soon.


Shark Survivor: Ryan Hunt was attacked by a shark while surfing

He told Australia's 9 News: "They said I was lucky not have any puncture wounds through any joints. All the tendons and joints are good. I got off lucky.

"I went surfing about 5.30am - I was out there for about half an hour.

"I caught a wave in, I was in waist deep water I put my foot down and straight away the shark grabbed onto my foot.

"I tried to kick it away once, then it straight away grabbed on again. I kicked it again and it swam up between my legs

"I had in in my hands trying to stop it biting again, hitting it a bit and eventually it swam away.

"When it first bit me it bit straight through the leg and the board so the board floated away and then I called out to the other guys - shark - and then caught the next wave in."



Ryan, who lives in nearby Bar Beach, was helped out of the water by a friend and a local who applied first aid.

He was taken to a local hospital where he posted a graphic photo of the injury he suffered on his Instagram account.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard