Nollywood Comedian Saka: “2 Cars For Me & My Wife Is Enough”



Nollywood funnyman Hafiz ‘Saka’ Oyetoro is not about the flashy life.

In a recent interview with Tribune, Saka revealed his poor background and revealed that he believed just 2 cars were enough for his family.

Excerpts from the interview below.

Is it true that you don’t like buying cars?

What do I need cars for? I got married late. My children are still there. I am 51. If I have money now, I need to invest the money, or you want me to be running after school fees at 70? Two cars are just enough for myself and my wife. not selling cars. I don’t want my children to suffer the way I did. I don’t go out or drink.

Some of the artistes buying big cars already have a good background and houses, but I had to start from the scratch. My father died at the age of 98, and I wept profusely, not because I did not want to spend money for the burial, but because he had worked in his lifetime and I wanted him to live a bit longer to enjoy the fruits of his labour. He was building a small house when I secured admission to the university, but he stopped the building despite the fact that his friends advised him to send me to learn a trade.

So if I make anything today, I don’t want my children to suffer. Life is simple and I want to keep it that way. If I am hungry, I want to eat what I want to eat, I don’t want to pretend. I’m a village boy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard