Charges against me politically motivated – Fani-Kayode


Fani-Kayode, in a statement shortly after he was released from detention on Friday, said he was being hounded for his criticism of the government.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission had dragged the former Minister to court over an alleged N4.9 billion fraud

A former Minister of Aviation and spokesman of the Peoples Democratic Party Presidential Campaign Organisation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, has said his ongoing trial for fraud was politically motivated.
Fani-Kayode, in a statement shortly after he was released from detention on Friday, said he was being hounded for his criticism of the government.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission had dragged the former Minister to court over an alleged N4.9 billion fraud.
He was charged alongside another former Minister of Finance and Director of Finance of the PDPPCO, Nenadi Usman.
But Fani-Kayode said he had committed no sin beyond his criticism of the government.
The statement reads in full: “I give thanks to God that I am free after 67 days in detention.
“I thank my wife, lawyers, children and friends for all their support.
“This was the worst experience of my life but God was with me all the way.
“I suffered immeasurably but I count it all as joy.
“I am innocent of all charges and I look forward to defending myself vigorously in court.
“These charges are politically motivated and I have been severely punished for my political views and criticisms of the government.
“They are trying to silence me, break me, discredit me and destroy but as long as Jesus is on the throne this will never work.
“I am strong and I am bold and the struggle will continue.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard