Donald Trump rebukes support from former KKK leader and insists he would rather vote for a DEMOCRAT than see the white supremacist win his Senate race

   

Donald Trump has said he would rather vote for a Democrat than back former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke.
The Republican nominee distanced himself from the white supremacist, who announced he would be running for the Senate in Louisiana last week.
Duke, a former Grand Wizard, said Trump's presidential campaign inspired him to enter his own race.
The billionaire businessman said he rebuked Duke's 'as quick as you can say it' during his appearance onNBC's Meet The Press on Sunday.
Scroll down for video 
'Because last time with another person in this position, I did it (rebuked) very quickly. And they said, 'He didn't do it fast enough. Rebuked. Is that OK? Rebuked, done,' he said
When host Chuck Todd asked him if we would vote for a Democrat if it stopped Duke from winning, he said: 'I guess, depending on who the Democrat (is) -- but the answer would be yes.'
Later on Sunday Trump's running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, also denounced Duke, over Twitter.
'Well said @realDonaldTrump on #MTP. There will never be a place in our party for that man or his hateful rhetoric.'
In February, Trump was slammed for not rebuking Duke quickly enough after the racist endorsed him.
In an interview with CNN's Jake Tapper, he said: 'I don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists,.
'So I don't know. I don't know -- did he endorse me, or what's going on? Because I know nothing about David Duke; I know nothing about white supremacists.'
He then blamed his bad earpiece.
Last week, Duke announced his run for the US Senate.
He said he decided to run for office again after receiving a 'great outpouring of overwhelming support'.
'I'm proud to announce my candidacy for the United States Senate,' Duke said in a video posted to his website on Friday.
'I believe in equal rights for all and respect for all Americans. However, what makes me different is I also demand respect for the rights and heritage of European Americans.'
Duke also heaped praise on Donald Trump in the video, saying he is 'overjoyed' the Republican nominee has embraced issues he has fought for.
'I was the first major candidate in modern times to promote the term and policy of "America First",' he said in the video.
'I'm overjoyed to see Donald Trump and most Americans embrace most of the issues that I've championed for years. My slogan remains America first.'
Duke tweeted further praise for Trump's speech at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland on Thursday night, saying: 'Great Trump Speech, America First! Stop Wars! Defeat the Corrupt elites! Protect our Borders!, Fair Trade! Couldn't have said it better!'
The 66-year-old went on in his announcement to call for change to political financing, before adding he will stand up for 'European Americans'.
'I passed the only bill in America forbidding affirmative action programs that racially discriminate against the best qualified,' Duke said.
'Thousand of special interest groups stand up for African Americans, Mexican Americans, Jewish Americans... the fact is Europeans Americans need at least one man in the United States Senate, one man in the Congress, who will defend their rights and heritage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard