Materazzi on Zidane's head-butt in 2006: “I called his sister”

Materazzi reveals that what he said to Zidane in 2006 World cup final was stupid, but didn’t deserve the head-butt – He denies insulting Zidane’s mother – He says he spoke about Zidane’s sister instead Ten years after receiving Zinedine Zidane’s infamous head-butt at the 2006 World Cup final, former Italy international, Marco Materazzi has finally revealed what he said to Real Madrid’s present coach. Media reports had suggested Materazzi had insulted Zidane’s mother, but the 42-year-old insists that was not the case, Goal.com reports.  Marco Materazzi has revealed what he said to Real Madrid’s present coach Zinedine Zidane before receiving a head-butt in 2006 World cup final However, Materazzi admitted that what he said was stupid but it did not deserve that reaction. He said: “What I said was stupid. But it didn’t deserve that reaction. “You would hear stronger words said on the streets of Naples, or Milan, or Paris, much more serious things. “My mother died when I was 15, so I would never have insulted his. “I spoke about his sister. “I have never understood why that incident reached such levels of notoriety. The only thing I want to remember from that day were my goals. “Sometimes, in Italy, I meet fans on the street and they say to me: ‘Marco, you did well giving him that headbutt!’ “And it makes me angry because… I was the one who was on the receiving end! But it shows just how strange it is that the story has been told and altered. It’s no big deal, I don’t resent it, and I never will.” Materazzi and Italy went on to win France 5-3 in a penalty shoot-out after Zidane was sent off in extra time, in what was the last act of his professional playing career. The Real Madrid coach turned around and head-butted Materazzi after the Italian defender provoked him with inflammatory words.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard