Why I Don't Want To Get Married: Yeni Kuti Opens Up On Her 7-year Relationship With Lover

  • Apparently, not everyone is cut out for marriage and Yeni Kuti is one of such.
  •  
  • While other ladies are racking their brains on how to plan their earth-shattering weddings, Yeni Kuti on the other hand, is planning nothing of such because she's content being unmarried.
    The eldest daughter of late Afrobeat king, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, spoke with City People recently and she opened up on her reasons for ruling out marriage, despite being in a relationship with her current lover for the past 7 years.
    According to her, she is quite satisfied being single because she does not need any man as a prop to survive, or to validate her status as a woman.
    She said: "I am not single. I have somebody in my life. We have been together for like seven years. We respect each other. But we are not married. I believe that if we ever marry, our relationship will lose the dynamics that we have. I have my house. He has his house. He stays at mine when he wants; I stay at his when I want. It’s a kind of loose arrangement.

    “We go on holiday together. We love each other. But the day we marry, we would now start fighting for space. By the time I bring all my clothes and shoes where would he keep them. This way I think it works. He respects the fact that I don’t want to get married."

    The 53-year-old TV analyst further explained: "I know a guy who advised me to marry the man I am dating right now, but most people don’t seem to get the point. I don’t want to get married. I am happy the way I am. I am proud of who I am. I don’t need a man to say I am somebody. I can be who I am without a man. I don’t need a man as a prop to survive. If I am with a man, I am with him because I love him, because of who he is.
    "Not because I can’t go to an event alone, or go without a man. I can go to an event alone and enjoy myself, I will sit by myself, carry my Ipad and start checking my mails, I don’t need any props. I guess that’s why I have been able to stay single,” she added.
    What do you guys think about her point of view?
    Share your thoughts with us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard