Zlatan Ibrahimovic: I am only targeting trophies at Manchester United




Zlatan Ibrahimovic insists he is only targeting silverware at Manchester United and only wants to win Sunday’s Community Shield fixture with Premier League champions Leicester City.

Jose Mourinho previously revealed he lured Ibrahimovic to Old Trafford by underlining the importance of adding the Premier League trophy to his glowing array of tiles.

The Swede has won silverware across the world and has made his intentions clear by claiming he only joined Man United on a free transfer from Paris Saint-Germain to win titles.

“I believe it’s the first trophy game against Leicester,” he said.

“One game, one trophy. I’m used to winning trophies. I didn’t come here to waste time.

“That is the first trophy game and that is the first trophy we will bring home. For me, every trophy is very serious. I have collected 30 trophies and I want to collect more of them. I’m not satisfied until I collect everything. That’s what we play for. I play to win.

“Wherever I came, they also play to win. I didn’t come here to lose time. I came here to win. I believe the philosophy is the same for the club, especially a club like this. They are made to win.

“That is the way it is. The first game, one game and one trophy. I’ve played with the national team in England against Sweden and it’s a huge stadium so I’m looking forward to that also.”

It’s Mourinho’s first competitive fixture as Man United boss and there’s no doubt his side will be aiming for their first piece of silverware during his new era at Old Trafford.

Ibrahimovic will be a big figure at Old Trafford this season and will help Mourinho install a winning mentality into his players at the club.

He has won trophies all over the world and is the perfect player to help lift spirits in the dressing room and get Man United back to their former glory days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard