Maisie Williams admits she hasn’t read any Game Of Thrones novels

Actress says her mother thought the books ‘unsuitable’ when she began playing Arya Stark

GETTY
Game Of Thrones actress Maisie Williams has admitted she has never read the novels on which the HBO series is based.

Williams says her mother thought that George RR Martin’s books were “unsuitable” for her read when she first landed the part of Arya Stark as a 14-year-old in 2011.

And the actress says she worries how fans would react if they saw her reading the novels five years after she began playing Stark.



Williams told Deadline: “When I started, my mum deemed the books inappropriate. But also, at the time I didn’t really appreciate the importance of reading to my craft. I was a non-actor who’d never trained. I never really had any passion for reading, I just was Arya when I was younger.”

Williams said she would one day like to read the books, to see if her portrayal of Stark matches that of Martin’s series, which begain in 1996 with A Game Of Thrones.

She said: “I’ve brought what I’ve brought to Arya, and I’m thrilled with the character I’ve strangely created. It’d be amazing to go back and read the books now, to see exactly what Arya was supposed to be like. But I keep thinking how funny it’d be, if someone sees me on the Underground reading Game Of Thrones.”

There are two more series left of Game Of Thrones, with the seventh season due to air on Sky Atlantic in 2017.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El-Rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Crash

Kim Kardashian blasts Kendall Jenner – “I bought her a F***ING career!”

Billy Bob Thornton Denies Sleeping With Amber Heard